Information for the Pharmacist
Ontario Medications Return Program and the Ontario Sharps Collection Program are underway, pharmacies province wide will serve as drop-off points, safely disposing of products returned to their counters. The pharmacies will then arrange for collection of containers for destruction at a licensed hazardous waste disposal facility in Brampton. The OMRP and OSCP are 100% industry-funded.
The Ontario Medications Return Program (OMRP) covers the costs associated with the responsible disposal of health products returned by the public. The products covered under this program are:
- All prescription drugs,
- Over-the-counter Medications, and
- Natural Health Products in oral dosage form.
The Ontario Sharps Collection Program (OSCP) is a new stewardship program that promotes the safe and easy disposal of sharps from the public so that they aren't disposed of in the garbage. The definition for sharps includes; infusion sets, safety pens and syringes with needles attached, lancets, needle tips, needles, pens, pen needles, pre-filled cartridges and pre-filled syringes.
To receive and distribute information on the program complete and fax the Promo order form.
You can also consult our brochures by following the links.
- Ontario Medications Return Program Rack Card for Consumers
- Ontario Medications Return Program Poster for Pharmacist and Pharmacy Staff
- Ontario Sharps Collection Program for Consumers
- Ontario Sharps Collection Program Poster for Pharmacist and Pharmacy Staff
- Ontario Sharps Collection Program "A Pharmacist Guide"
*For French brochure please consult the French section of our website.
To learn more about the New Green Med Totes, please watch this short How-To video
Program Plan for the Ontario Medications Return Program
Program Plan for the Ontario Sharps Collection Program